10:52 AM

Monday again. Yeehaw. Can't you feel my incredible enthusiasm for being back at work?

It was a very quiet weekend. Chris and I went out on Saturday to look at a couple of cars for him, but no luck. We went to Kelsey's for dinner and pigged out on all sorts of yummy food and then had a quiet night at home. On Sunday I ventured out to Walmart to pick up some food and tote containers. I then putzed about the apartment, packing up glasswear that is collecting dust and filing all my bills and paperwork. Not very exciting, to say the least.

I did unbury my Gazelle, so I am all set for my first episode of Buffy and my workout. I also found my dumbbells, so I can use them too. I started using Fitday.com again, which is an online food and exercise diary. It's a good way to keep track of what you are eating and it breaks it all down for you into fats, carbs, protein, etc. Plus it's free, which is always a bonus.

I have to take the day off work Wednesday to drive my mother to Chatham for an intake interview for housing. It's a 2.5 hour drive there, so I am really dreading it. Plus I have a bad feeling about the whole thing. They were supposed to let her know last week whether she had an apartment or not but now they want to do an intake, which should have been done at the beginning of the application process. I just know she is going ot be back on my bloody couch come September 1st. It is almost exactly a year from the last time she moved in, and that lasted 7 months. Ugh. Hopefully my gut feeling is wrong and it all works out, but I don't hink my karma is that good.

3 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Other than the vodoo tick trickery, ;) (say that five times fast!) you should be sending out pretty good vibes to the world. :) You've been there for your mom despite the toll it takes on your life...so I say let's hope for the best. I used to worry, worry, worry, "what next?" all the time. So I know how you must feel. Here's hoping that your gut feeling IS wrong, and that your mom gets the place. I'm crossing my fingers right now!

neicybelle said...

sending all of my good karma your way!! it's the least i can do! i do hope this place works out!

i'm very happy you dug out your gazelle and dumb bells! exercise helps you cope with stress as well as being good for you!

Leah said...

Thank you for the good karma, gals!