10:02 AM



As Garfield once said,"Diet is DIE with a T". I have got to get back on the diet and exercise wagon that I fell off of (again). I'm not healthy, and need to kick my ass into gear before I wind up diabetic.

I think I have a good plan for the exercise part, which is always the hardest for me (I am such a couch potato). I have one of those Gazelle gliders, which is really fun to use and easy on my knees. I just bought all seven seasons of Buffy, so my plan is this: each day when I get home from work, I pop in one episode of Buffy and use the Gazelle while I watch. This will give me about 45 minutes on the Gazelle each day (I can fo 30 minutes now, so it may take a bit to work up to the 45). I figure it will give me something to watch that I enjoy that will distract me from the boredom of exercise. The plan is to start Monday, after I clear up some space in the living room (ie. my mom's leftover crap and the previously mentioned hanging underwear). I know I can do it, I just have to want it bad enough to stick to it. Maybe I need a battlecry like Evelyn in Fried Green Tomatoes-TOWANDA!!

4 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Oh man, can I relate to this post!

The thing is, you've got half the battle down pat, because you have the battlefield drawn up. What people so often do is try to get healthy with stuff that doesn't work with their lifestyle.

I could never see myself kick boxing at the local gym or eating rice cakes every day. If I would rather stub my toe 1,000 times in a row than do something, it's a sure sign it won't work for me. Planning to watch Buffy (which you enjoy) in conjunction with working out (which most people hate) is such a smart plan. I think you are on the right track! You go girl! Here's a pat on the back...pat pat...to see you on your way. May we both be healthier every day! :)

neicybelle said...

if i let myself, i could weigh 300 lbs because i love donuts and hate to exercise...but when i put the donuts down and exercise in a way that suits me (like dancing), it's amazing how much better i feel!

i'm so proud of you for wanting to take care of yourself! you give and give...now give to yourself...yay!!

Kristi K. said...

Neicy, I think donuts are the antichrist. :) I love them so much that I really can't eat them at all. If I eat one, it gets me started on unhealthy eating for weeks. Krispy Kreme cream filled-chocolate iced donuts are my favorite. Sigh. I've got to work on a way to make those taste the same but be low in fat and carbs and be healthier than asparagus. :)

Leah said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I have the worst will power on the planet, so it is going to be a struggle but I have to do something. Donuts...I could polish off a dozen of Tim Horton's donuts by myself if you let me. They are evil :p