8:51 AM



It's Friday! Whoopee! I cannot wait to sleep in tomorrow morning after all the sleeplessness this week. I missed Buffy last night, as I didn't get back from dinner until 9 o'clock and I was afraid working out before I went to bed would keep me up. I should have bloody well done it since I couldn't sleep anyway.

Dinner with Elizabeth was good. I had skinless chicken with mushrooms and salad, so I stuck to my diet. My only cheat was the teeniest bite of her cheesecake, just enough for a taste. I love cheesecake. It should be a food group of its own. After dinner I took her to Walmart, since no one in her family drives and the bus doesn't go as far as Walmart, so she only gets to go when I take her. They were out of everything I wanted! No flavoured water, no Crystal Light singles, no Avantage dinners...I was so pissed! The shelves all around the store looked like they had been ransacked. Very disappointing trip.

My dad called me last night on his way home from work. He had left early to go home and cut the grass because the grass was taller than the puppies. OMG, PUPPIES?? He is going tonight to pick up the two new Yorkshire Terrier puppies they bought. They are two little boys named Barney and Bailey. I cannot wait to see them! My stepmother had two Yorkies previously, Buffy and Corky. They had to be put down a couple of years ago (16 & 17 years old, respectively) and it broke my stepmother's heart. They were such awesome dogs, so I'm sure these new additions will bring lots of fun and excitement.

2 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Ya know, if you walked around Walmart looking for what you wanted (and they didn't have) you did get SOME exercise. :) Hats off to ya for being able to stick to your healthy eating. I really think having a small bite of a "cheat" food here and there is key to not going off the deep end on a diet. If you totally deprive yourself, over time it's just too frustrating.

Oh boy, puppies! If I had my way, my acre would be overrun with puppies and kittens! As is, we already have three dogs and two cats. I'm such a sap! ;)

That cartoon reminds me of what my co-worker says all the time. He always says, "Every time I get on the scale, it says 'one at a time, please!!'" :)

neicybelle said...

wow! awesome! you did great! isn't it funny? i woke up at 1:30 and didn't go back to sleep...this morning my boss told me he was up until 3:30...he asked, "why didn't you call me? we could've roasted coffee!" and there you are staring at the ceiling...i told my boss i need to text everyone i know when i'm up like that and see who answers back!!