3:53 PM

I really don't like Mondays

Man, am I in rough shape today. It took me about ten minutes just to remember what I did on Saturday. The phone has rang off the hook today at work, but thankfully no one has been too demanding or I would have bitten their heads off (great customer service happening today...)

On Saturday it rained all day so going to look at cars for Chris was out of the question. We went bowling instead and had a really good steak dinner. I got home Saturday night to find some moron parked in my parking spot, which got my blood boiling. By the time I settled down and fell asleep it was 1:30 am.

Sunday morning, 5:15 am. Loud banging noises and the delightful sound of trucks and bulldozers backing up (you know, that bloody beeping sound) wake me up. They are replacing the culverts on the street directly in front of my apartment, which I knew, but 5;15 in the freaking morning?!? I was so mad and felt so sick from not getting enough sleep, I just wanted to cry. So going to comic convention was out, as I really wasn't up for the drive so we just went mini golfing and took a nap. How thrilling...

The construction started right back up at 5:30 this morning, so it looks like it will be a week of lousy sleep. If it gets much worse, I may have to go stay at Chris' and just come home to check on the birds.

On a positive note, I did my workout with Buffy every day except Thursday when I went out with Elizabeth. I hadn't planned on doing it on the weekends, but I wanted to watch the next episode of Buffy so bad I couldn't help myself!

4 comments:

neicybelle said...

boo for rainy saturdays!
yay for bowling and steak!
boo for rude parkers!
yay for working out!
boo for construction crews that start at 5: bloody 30 in the morning!

Kristi K. said...

Lack of sleep, lack of sleep...I tell you, nothing makes me more irrational faster. I am a complete zombie...and an angry one at that if I miss my sleep. Truly.

I'm sorry you missed the convention. It seems like for every one we go to, we miss four we WANTED to go to. Life has a way of getting in the way.

I'm so glad you're working out and staying so disciplined. I think that is truly awesome! Now if only some of that motivation would rub off a little! Housework has been my only exercise lately, and that isn't cutting it.

Here's hoping for jerk-free parking and road crews that oversleep ALL week long! :)

Leah said...

I am the same as you, Kristi. I am nasty if I don't have my sleep. Needless to say, I have been a complete witch over the past few days.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, gals, for the working out. I hope I can stick with it!

Kristi K. said...

Ellie,
As long as a house doesn't fall on you, you should be okay until you're feeling less witch-like. :) Remember, I'm the one whose family members were burned at the stake during the salem witch hunt! They would have HATED me some days! ;)
Hope you're doing better! With you AND neicy postless, I'm suffering from SERIOUS bloggerboredom. AKA: bloggerdom. :)