9:02 AM



This strip reminded me of most of my co-workers. Most of whom have been making my life at work a living hell over the past few weeks. Grrr.

We are having a catered luncheon today for our fleet manager, who is retiring. I will miss Bob, as he is a really good guy and the only competent manager on staff. A free lunch is always a good thing, especially when the company is paying for it :p

Our company just sold our sister dealership in Oakville, so tonight our social club is having a goodbye dinner for our member from that dealership, Nancy. We are going to Crabby Joe's for some food and drinks. I really hate this, as I will miss Nancy terribly. She's become a good buddy, so hopefully we can keep in touch. There are now only two of us on the social committee and Nicole is, well, a twit. Nice enough girl, but utterly useless so I am just dreading planning the upcoming year's events.

Had a really nice dinner last night-Chris made stuffed peppers, steak and baked potatoes. He also got me a rose and a card to try and cheer me up. I just wish I could get out of this funk...

2 comments:

Kristi K. said...

I think that says something for Chris. Isn't he a vegetarian? And yet he cooked steak for you. That's totally sweet.

There are times that I get so sad because people move away, roles change, people pass away, etc. I just keep adjusting, as that is the only thing we can do. But it's sad sometimes.

Lately I'm thinking I must talk alot about death...and scrapbooking. ;) I recently signed up to allow blogger to put ads on my blog. It's a pay per click thing. If people click on ads, I get $. I was thinking that since it doesn't take up too much room on my blog and that it isn't going to interfere too much with my writing, I might as well do it. I also made sure it wouldn't alienate my blog readers.

Anyway, I made $2 on my first day! ;) What they do is they read over blogs and determine what ads might be suitable for that blog based on the blog's content.

The first ad that went up was "bereavement counseling" and the second set that went up was "prepare your will online." I cracked up! Either they think I talk a lot about death, or they think my blog is so boring it will bore people to death. Ha!

Finally, they put one up about scrapbooking and then one about making family trees and finding ones' ancestors. Wheh! I was starting to think I was a depressing kind of gal! ;)

I hope your week gets better. Remember, no killing your coworkers. They might give you a wedding shower, and if you kill them all you won't get as many gifts. ;) I don't think people can send gifts from beyond the grave. After all, this isn't Buffy. teeheehee.

Two thumbs up on free meals, though. That's always a good thing.

Leah said...

I had considered putting the ads on my blog, but at the time no one was reading it so I figured it was probably useless--congrats on your $2!! (hey, it's two bucks you wouldn't have had otherwise!) I'll have to try it and see what kind of ads pop up-it culd be frightening!!

Chris is very sweet-he tries desperately to not eat meat, but knows how much I love steak. So he made himself veggie lasagna to go with the peppers :)

Lol...I never thought about keeping my co-workers around for a shower-good idea! Can I kill them afterwards?