9:13 AM

Happy, happy, joy, joy...

I think we all have those moments where something just strikes you. An epiphany of sorts. Well, I had one two weeks ago while watchin Little Miss Sunshine. Greg Kinnear's character is a motivational speaker, who goes on about the difference between winners and losers, and some of his words really hit home. I have been so depressed about my relationship with Chris not moving forward, complaining about all the people around us who are engaged, getting married, etc. But who am I to complain and be depressed when I am not doing anything myself to move our relationship along? Why should the responsibility be on Chris to propose? Soooooo.....

On Saturday, we went to the Water Street Cooker, which is one of our favourite restaurants and where we normally go for our anniversary. Earlier, I had stopped by the restaurant and given them a personalized pewter beer stein to serve Chris his beer in (as he will usually have a drink when we go out somewhere for dinner). So we sit down and the server takes our drink orders. I order a cosmopolitan to encourage him to order something alcoholic, but lo and behold he orders a green tea. Argh!! So the poor waitress gives me a panicked look and leaves to get our drinks. So now I figure Chris will go wash his hands, since we get bread and olives at the table, and I can go talk to the server. Nope, he eats the stuff with his fork. So the server comes back with his tea and sets the beer stein in front of him. He looks at it strangely and reads the inscription "Chris, Will You Marry Me? Love Leah". I don't think I have ever seen someone looked so shocked-it was priceless. I'm tearing up and telling him he was SUPPOSED to order a beer...then he says "Of course I will". Eeeeeee! What a moment of elation. I scooted across the table and kissed him, which I also think shocked him because we aren't ones for PDA's. We had a fabulous dinner and a wonderfully romantic evening afterwards that went as I had planned.

So that's why I haven't slept in two weeks and have been so anxious. Now if everyone would just stop asking us when the big day is...Geesh, let us get used to this whole engaged thing first (we have only told 3 people so far and that was the first thing they asked)! My ring should get here by the end of the week or next after the sizing is done on it. It's an emerald (Chris' birth stone) surrounded by diamonds (my birth stone) so I am excited for it to arrive. Then we can get around to telling all the family and such. Eeeeee!

3 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Oh my gosh! That is amazing! I can't think of a more romantic way to be proposed to! You go girl! :) Chris is a lucky guy!

I think that is SOOOO cool! I'm so excited for you! The ring sounds beautiful! Can we see pictures when it comes in?

.....So, when is the date? What flavor is the cake? What type of food will you serve? Vegetarian? HAHAHA! Just kidding! Revel in the joy! I know I'm feeling very privelaged to hear this BEFORE the family! :)

Leah said...

Thank you! I can't every recall feeling this excited! I was all jazzed up about posting this-I have been reticent to tell family and friends but I couldn't wait to share it with you guys! I will definitely post a pic of the ring when it gets here (I have a stock picture of it but I want to make sure it is exactly what I want before I show you).

neicybelle said...

ellie!!! I'm so happy for you!!! thank you so much for the great news!!! *does happy dance for you!!* how fun!!!! i can't wait for you to start making plans and sharing with us all how it goes!! the ring sounds gorgeous!! woohoo!