11:59 AM

Aside from a lingering cough and a little congestion, the darn cold has finally lost its grip. I am so glad Friday has finally arrived, as it has been a trying week for me at work. Chris is coming out to have lunch with me today, so that will be a nice break.

I'm sorry I haven't posted much recently, but I have been in such emotional turmoil over the past two weeks that I am finding it hard to keep my thoughts organized. After Saturday, hopefully I can post about what has been causing me so much anxiety (and hopefully it comes to a happy resolution). Hopefully the weepiness will go away by then, too.

I don't have many people in my life that are close to me. Aside from Chris, my friend Elizabeth and my mom, I really have no one to talk to or confide in (and sometimes I can' talk to them because THEY are the cource of my distress). So I must give a huge thank you to Neicy and Kristi. Both of you have been wonderful, always giving me support and making me smile and letting me have a glimpse into your lives through your blogs. Who would have ever thought that two strangers, miles away, could offer you more friendship and kindness than the people around you everyday?

Here's a little chuckle for the day, since I think we all could use one. Fortunately, my cockatiel Lucky hasn't picked up any bad words from our TV habits...


1 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Thank you, Ellie. I needed that. I really did. Sometimes I really need to know that my existence has brought some measure of comfort to a soul out in the world. Or some joy. A smile.

There are just some days that putting one foot in front of the other requires immense effort. Today is one of those days.

It's just like the saying goes, "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days just gang up on me at once." :) I know we've all been there.

If I had a magic wand, I'd abracadabra all of our stress away...yours, mine, and neicy's...and all my friends'. I'd make everything easy for us for awhile. I'd not only zap us all a great big pile of money, (which could help solve many a crisis) I'd make us all feel 100% healthy, make each of us a temporary person who could do our jobs, take care of our errands, and do whatever tasks we dread doing...just so we could all kick back and take it easy for awhile. I could see myself drinking a nice big marguerita and wearing fluffy slippers and a comfy robe for a week straight. Sigh. :)

Until that magic wand appears in my mailbox, here: have a hug and a smile. We'll get through this. That or we'll go crazy, and then we won't care what happens. Either way, the stress level can't stay this high forever.

Try to have a good weekend! :)