10:51 AM

Shoulda stayed in bed this week...


What a week. Aside from the regular aspects of my job being totally out of control this week, the bloody volunteer work I do here went to hell as well. I head our social committee, which presently consists of me and another co-worker from one of our other dealerships. I do all the work, mainly because I'm a control freak. Anywho, I get a phone call on Wednesday from the banquet hall that is hosting our Christmas party in mid-December. Apparently they are under construction and won't be finished in time for our party. Their alternative: they will host it in the Knights of Columbus Hall with their catering. Ewwww-the KOC hall is a small drab little place and there is no way we can have our party there. And of course, by this time, every place else is booked up for december on Saturdays. AARRRGGHHH! So now I'm trying to pull something together for January that fits around all the bigwigs schedules. I had wanted to resign from the damn committee at the end of this year, but we are so short handed there is no way.

The nightmare that is the children's party is coming up shortly, so we have to go buy all the gifts on Wednesday (each child actually gets to write a list, so it's not like we can just go buy bulk gifts for each age group). Thankfully I don't have to actually attend the kid's party, as all the parents do is whine about how long it takes for each kid to go get their gift and visit with Santa. The kids are good as gold, it's the parents with no patience. It's better that Nicole handles the kid's party, because I would tell the impatient morons to go f**k themselves.

Well, here's to next week being a more calm one. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

neicybelle said...

we're freaking out here at work because the guy here in charge of it hasn't even found us a place yet...let alone a date or anything...we may have to have it at my house!! not!! lol!

why do obligations suck the fun out of the holidays?

Kristi K. said...

I sooooo understand what you are saying in this post, Ellie! I am so sorry this project has turned out to be so crappy. I hope everything turns around for you soon.

Thinking of you with lotsa sympathy! It's Monday, but I hope it's not as bad as a "typical" Monday.