9:15 AM

If grumpiness is a disease, I have definitely caught it...

The next two weeks can not go by quick enough. My boss leaves for Florida tomorrow, so I am stuck having to go down and work on the service desk during his absence. The one service advisor is a moron, the tower operator is grumpy and the atmosphere is tense. Yuck. I much prefer being up in my little office on the second floor by myself. Plus I have to cash out all our customers, who are usually pissed because the service advisor didn't bother to call and explain the repairs to them. Shoot me now, please.

Chris is laid up in bed with the flu, so I am hoping he hasn't passed it on to me. He was sick all night on Saturday, barely able to enjoy our dinner out. Something is definitely going around and I don't want it. Calling in sick while the boss is away would definitely not go over well.

I'm off to Mom's this weekend for a visit. I haven't seen her in a month so she is getting antsy. So far, things seem to be going well in the new apartment and her worker pops in every Monday to check on her and help with groceries, etc. I am not looking forward to the drive but it should be okay if the snow holds off. It's supposed to be 16 degrees again today (60 degrees F) but start dropping as of Thursday with snow in the forecast for the weekend.

I cleared all my regular knick-knacks and decor out of the living room, but haven't been able to get into the spirit to put up the Christmas decorations. It's going to be a strange Christmas for me, as I am so used to having it with my mom. Waking up by myself Christmas morning is not something I am looking forward to.

Hope the weather is nice where you are and you have a great Tuesday!

4 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Love the new blog look! ;)

Hope you have a good visit with your mom. If she doesn't tell you, I will: You are a good daughter. :) You are probably the one thing that keeps her going. I know how frustrating she can probably be, but you step up to the plate and are there for her. You are to be commended for that.

Good luck with the temporary reassignment. Hope you repel the sick germs and don't have to call off while your boss is gone. If you do get sick, one way to get even is simply spew forth upon one of your idiot coworkers. That will accomplish two goals: they WILL send you home for the day and ask that you not return until you're well, AND you get to unleash some of your repressed anger toward the coworkers who get on your nerves. Hey, it's no machete, but it's all perfectly legal as long as it's portrayed as an accident. :)

Leah said...

LOL! I so want to get sick now so I can projectile vomit all over my nasty co-workers!

Holli said...

You two are funny!
Hey El, won't Chris spend the night Christmas eve? I don't want you to wake up alone that morning. That makes me sad thinking of it (of course I have loneliness issues) but still... I want you to get out of bed still sleepy and have someone to snuggle with and have coffee with when you wake up!
I'll pray about it!

Leah said...

Thanks, Holli! You are too sweet.