1:57 PM

Ah, hell...I thought this week would be better than last...

It's going to be a week full of Mondays, I can just tell...

The weekend was pretty quiet. We had dinner with Chris' dad, his sister, her fiance and Chris grandmother and uncle on Saturday night. Sam made a great roast beef dinner. But the evening had a sour note for me, since Chris still hasn't told his grandmother about the engagement and had every bloody opportunity to do so Saturday night. He has the smallest freaking family on the planet and half of them don't know about the engagement. I could just smack him...wait, I did smack him...apparently that didn't exorcise all my frustration.

On Sunday I had Chris over for dinner and he checked my tires and oil before the trip on Monday. I made Mom tortellini with shrimp and mushrooms in alfredo sauce. Chris and I had samosas, rogan josh with chicken and naan bread. It was so yummy-I wasn't sure if it would turn out as well as it does at the Indian restaurant but I was pleasantly surprised.

Monday was quite the day. We were at the storage place for 9:00 am but the movers didn't show until 10:10. They loaded the truck and we headed out. It took us about 2.25 hours to get to Chatham-the bloody movers took 3.25. They unloaded the stuff for about an hour and then gave us the bill, for $10 more an hour than was originally quoted. All told, it cost $1150 for the movers. Mom only had $1000, so I had to fork out $150 (which I really couldn't afford to do). The apartment she has is really nice and clean in a small building, close to most amenities. Hopefully she can keep a positive outlook and not get caught up in negative thinking. She was already worrying about how lonely she would be...hell, it wasn't my idea for her to move 2 and a half hours away. I hope her social worker will keep a close eye on her...

Work has gone straight to hell since last week (and I thought last week was bad!). They laid off one of our service advisors and screwed with our computer systems-I have 500 freaking reminders to individually go through, to make sure they are correct. My GM dumped a pile of marketing crap on me plus they rescheduled our meeting to tonight without letting me know. Rat bastards...(can we all start singing the Machete song now?)

3 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Amen, amen, amen! It has been two Mondays in a row, I am not kidding! I have managed to keep my cool, but I just can't wait until Friday! I think it should be Friday already!

Wheh! Got an extra machete handy? A nice dull one at that! ;)

I am glad that your mom is moved, but not so glad that you had such a mess getting her there. I sure hope she is happy there. For your sake and hers.

Kudos to you and Chris for trying so many new foods! Variety is the spice of life, right?

Holli said...

All I can say is I'm glad I don't work with you!!
HAHAHHA!!
Things sound stressful right now... good food always helps! {smiles}

neicybelle said...

sounds like a nightmare!...hang in there, sis...we're here for you...my thoughts and prayers go out for your mom. hope the rest of your week goes better!