12:16 PM

4 hours, 51 more minutes to go...

Well, I didn't end up calling in sick yesterday but I did play hooky in the afternoon after my doctor's appointment. I told my boss I had to go for bloodwork and an ultrasound and I wouldn't be back...I should feel guilty, but I don't. I ended up going out to Chris' and we went for lunch and had a delightful afternoon alone.

I just talked to my mom, who seems to be doing pretty good at her new place. The maintenance staff have been really good about fixing things and she says the building is fairly quiet. I was really worried about her taking out the garbage and doing laundry (my mom has had 3 back operations and has osteoarthritis and osteoperosis), as she lives on the 3rd floor of a walkup, but she discovered this week that there is a garbage chute and laundry room on each floor, so that was a relief. Doing groceries is a bit of a challenge, but her social worker has been helping her out and I will take her out when I go up in a couple of weeks. So far, so good.

So far, I have no big plans for the weekend. We are going over to Chris' sister's for dinner on Saturday, but the rest of the weekend should be quiet (and hopefully relaxing!). I hope everyone else has a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

Kristi K. said...

That sounds lovely! What a great way to unwind after your week!

Thank you for the update on your mom. I hope that continues to go well.

Hope your weekend is just what you are hoping for. :)

Holli said...

Well that certainly sounds like a good start to a MUCH needed peaceful weekend. I do hope all went well at the dr appt!

neicybelle said...

a sonogram?? bloodwork?? ellie...is there something you're not telling us?? lol! hope you have a great weekend!!