11:22 AM

Taking The Long Way...

They kicked ass. It was a fantastic concert that was worth every nickel of my $110. The Chicks played for 2 solid hours and had everyone on their feet. They came out on the stage to "Hail to the Chief", which was hilarious. I probably preferred their last concert stage set-up better, but the quality and energy was just as great.

Elizabeth and I had quite the adventure trying to get to the concert, with screwed up transit schedules and such, but we eventually made it. The train ride home was interesting since there were literally thousands of people in Union Station, trying to get home. Crowds are not my cup of tea, so I was happy when we finally got on the train.

Elizabeth leaves for Scotland on Wednesday, so I am very envious of that. One of these days I will have enough money to go with her...

The rest of the weekend was quiet. I felt crappy on Sunday from a lack of sleep, so I pretty much vegged out on the couch all day. Gypsy layed an egg Saturday night, so hopefully that will be the only one and her health stays okay. Having Mom at the apartment totally screws up the birds schedule, so it kicked Gypsy into egg-laying. Thankfully Mom is gone next Monday and their routine will return to normal.

3 comments:

neicybelle said...

i'm so glad you had a great time! how fun!

Holli said...

I'm so jealous!
Trains and train stations trips to Scottland. Sounds like a movie to me. I'm way to chicken to live such and adventure but it sounds amazing.

Kristi K. said...

That's great that you had such a good time. I'm also glad things are getting ready to return to normal for you. You deserve to have some peace in your life. Let's hope all goes well with your mom and Chris. I know what it's like to be the middle man, and it's not fun. Blessings!