3:10 PM

Ooh, have I got a doozy of a headache today. I think it stems from the delightful neckache I've had for the past few days. I really need to go see a massage therapist, but I am just to darn cheap to go. And a word of advice: do not go lifting multiple window air conditioners by yourself. My lower back feels like an elephant did a tapdance on it.

I finally got a hold of my grandmother and told her about the engagement. She was very happy and it was nice to talk to her. She lives about 3 hours away, so I basically see her about once a year, which sucks because she is an awesome woman. She is supposed to be coming down towards the end of the month to see the puppies at Dad's, so I can get in a visit then.

I had a pretty quiet weekend. I worked Saturday until 1:00 then headed out to Chris'. We went to Chapters and roamed around in there for a while and then had Chris' chili for dinner. Sunday was spent alternating between cleaning out my closet, moving the air conditioners and laundry.

There was a marathon of "How not to Decorate" on so I watched that in between my housework. The hosts, Colin & Justin were in Toronto this weekend, but I coulnd't be bothered going to the Home Show to see them. They are absolutely hilarious, though. If you don't know the show, it is about them going to the worst homes in Britain and giving them a total makeover. Colin and Justin are two very loud, blunt Scottish gay guys who do the decorating-they are just a riot.

This coming weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada, so I am looking forward to the long weekend. We are probably going up to Chris' family's cottage, so it should be nice. Hopefully his sister's fiance doesn't drive us wacky with his incessant chatting and I hope the two of them don't get drunk, either. That would not make for a pleasant weekend.

And to Neicy: words cannot express how horrible I feel about what you went through this weekend. Please, please stay safe and strong and take care of yourself. I wish there was someway I could help you, but know that you are in my thoughts.

3 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Happy (early) Thanksgiving! Totally cool! So, what is the traditional fare for Thanksgiving in Canada? I'd love to hear about your celebration!

Your Sunday sounds a bit like mine. It's like my friend Sheila says... I'm kind of like Forrest Gump in my cleaning. ;)

Well, I started washing a window. Then, I decided I might as well wash all of the (enclosed) porch windows. Then I decided I might as well wash all the windows on the front of the house. Then I decided I might as well wash the siding, too. It turned in to a project that is to be continued.....

I could stand to clean out my closet, though, which is currently spilling in to my room. Where are two hilarious gay organizers when I need them? Or serious straight ones...I'll take straight or gay organizers either one. Funny or serious. My house is screaming for organization! ;)teehee. I'm getting there, really. If only I didn't work 45 hours plus every blessed week, maybe I could get some stuff done around the house! Sigh.

Leah said...

Yeah, that whole "working for a living" thing sure can get in the way of other things you want to do :)

Thanksgiving is probably pretty similar up here to the US version. We have turkey, pumpkin pie, stuffing and all that good stuff. Thankfully ours doesn't have much in the way of football going on :p We generally stuff ourselves til we can't move and retire to the couch. Very exciting, lol.

neicybelle said...

thank you ellie...i appreciate your kindness very much!

i hope your thanksgiving goes very well!