11:05 AM

It's raining again...

I wish I was a duck...then this weather would be fun!

Last night we went to see the Trailer Park Boys movie. It ws pretty good-Chris and his dad were laughing their butts off through the whole thing (they are huge TPB fans). For those going "who the heck are the Trailer Park Boys?"-it is a Canadian produced show based out of Nova Scotia about some small time hoods who live in a trailer park and their misadventures. There is a ridiculous amount of swearing, so if the "f" word offends you, avoid these guys at all costs! The show just finished its sixth season and the movie came out on Friday. Chris just loves Ricky, Julian and Bubbles so I went mainly for him, but I did get quite a few chuckles myself.

For dinner last dinner, Chris and his dad headed out to the local grocery store for some chicken wings. They asked the girl at the pre-made food counter if the wings they had picked up were spicy. She said there was just some mild spice to them so they grabbed a couple of packages. HOLY MOLY! These were the hottest wings I have ever tasted-they were practically doused in Tabasco sauce! We had to wipe all the sauce off to even make them remotely edible, and even then our lips were still burning. Chris and I like spice, but these were ridiculous! Chris and his dad were ready to go kill the girl at the grocery store.

Hopefully some good news-it looks like they have an apartment for Mom come November 1st. We have to fax back all the paperwork tomorrow but hopefully it all goes smoothly. She is going stir-crazy at my place, so I know she is anxious to get into her own space. Have I mentioned how wonderful Lithium is? I swear, it has helped my mom so much it is amazing. Now if it could only make her less anti-social...

3 comments:

Kristi K. said...

That's some awesome news about your mom! You may enjoy the holidays yet!

One of my favorite shows is filmed in Canada. It's the Red Green show. Oh my gosh! It's shown on PBS around here, usually on Saturday nights. If I manage to stay up for it, it's a hoot!

One of my favorite musical artists is Canadian, also. I'm not sure if you've heard of her, but her name is Sarah Harmer. I was hooked the first time I heard her sing. ;)

I haven't heard of the Trailer Park Boys, but even the name sounds funny. :)

Wow, if I had something as spicy as that chicken, I'd be popping Tums for a week! ;) I love spicy food, but not that spicy!

Have a great afternoon!

Leah said...

Sarah Harmer is awesome! One of my favourite songs is "Silver Road" which was a collaboration she did with the Tragically Hip (awesome Canadian band). Chris is a huge fan of Weeping Tile, which is the band Sarah used to be lead singer for.

Kristi K. said...

I have all of the above songs/albums. I love them all.

There's this one song I love of hers that says, "the grass is happy and so am I, 'cause I'm through thinkin about you." I love the imagery of that whole song. I love her voice. Whatever that album is, (I'm senile) I listened to for like three months straight every night before I went to sleep. There's just something comforting about her voice.