2:43 PM

Well, Mom's been cut loose and is currently occupying my couch. Again. But tomorrow I am shipping her back over to her apartment before she gets too damn comfortable. I will stay over at her place for a night or two, but if she is well enough to be released from the hospital, she should be able to take care of herself. She has to go back to the psychiatrist's on a weekly basis for the timebeing. Cross your fingers for me that she stays sane for a while so I can get some peace. And so poor Chris can get some peace, too. He is so depressed right now and so up in the air with what he wants to do with his life. Trying to be supportive of both him and Mom is, well...trying. Mom can be more than a little selfish in demanding my time, so I think I need to be much more assertive in telling her NO sometimes. I am just such a damn pushover, I find it hard to deny those close to me anything. And right now I am emotionally paying a big price. But that is what chocolate is for, right?

1 comments:

neicybelle said...

Oh Ellie, I'm so sorry! It's hard to be a pillar for those close to us. Chocolate and blogs and long walks and a shot of tequila now and then...ha! I wish you the best!