8:51 AM

Mom has undergone two ECT treatments as of yesterday. There is an improvement in her general mood, but absolutely no difference in the psychosis. She still is delusional so it will be interesting to see if any further ECT seesions help or if the psychiatrist will have to look down a different avenue for treatment. She is still adamant about not returning to her apartment, but she sure as hell is not moving back in with me. The previous seven-month visit damned near drove me over the edge myself and I can't be put in that situation again. Sooner or later my wellbeing has to come before hers.

It's going to be a long work week as I have to work Saturday (with Richie the nimrod to top it off). Then I'll head out to Brantford after work on Saturday for another visit with Mom. I may elect to not even get out of bed on Sunday with how wiped out I am feeling. I hate taking something to help me sleep, but I may not have a choice soon.

I haven't been to the comic book store in over three weeks, so it should be about $60 by the time I walk out of there. Which is good thing, since at least I'll have lots to read while I lie in bed on Sunday.

1 comments:

neicybelle said...

you definitely need to take care of yourself and there's nothing like a good comic book to take your mind off of life for awhile. I think I'm going to take Sunday off, too! Sounds good to me!