11:00 AM

I need a vacation from my life. Or at least from my mother and my job. I worked Saturday morning and then Chris and I drove to Brantford to see Mom. She was in a good mood, but the paranoia and delusions are still just as evident as the day she entered the hospital. And she is trying her damnedest to get the shrink to release her today. There has been no improvement! She still thinks these "people" who started harrassing her and plotting against her at her old apartment have followed her to her new apartment and to the hospital. She wants to set up recording equipment in her apartment, for christ's sake. If that doctor lets her out, I really think I will go totally nuts. Guaranteed, within hours of her return to her apartment, she would be calling me to come get her out of there. Not this time. If she can't manage on her own at home, then she needs to be in the hospital or a home. I am thirty years old, trying to build my own life. I am not going to put my entire life on hold to take care of her-it's just not fair.

in other interesting news, Chris' sister got engaged after dating this guy for eight months. Eight months! Chris and I will be celebrating our eight YEAR anniversary of dating in November! I really am beginning to develop a complex, as everyone around me is getting hitched. Am I not marrying material? Or maybe Chris is just a bloody procratinator and is dawdling along at his own pace. Which is enough to drive a girl nuts. let me tell ya. Hello, over here is a woman who loves you and wants nothing else more in the world than to spend the rest of her life with you! Perhaps I should take out a billboard. Okay, I need to end this rant because, well, they tend to get me in trouble.

3 comments:

neicybelle said...

you deserve a rant today. it's totally okay. eight years is a very long time to date! do you guys ever talk about marriage? is he going to school? maybe he needs a candle under his butt...*shrugs and snickers*

Leah said...

Candle? More like blowtorch! *laughs* We have talked about marriage, but I'll be damned if I am going to propose (sorry, the little girl in me wants her man down on one knee proposing!).

neicybelle said...

I don't blame you for wanting that. The guys i work with all got married this year and they were all so romantic and traditional when they asked their girls...I wanted to gag, but I was jealous at the same time. Hang in there, girl!