3:59 PM

On the calendar, they really should put that the Victoria Day Weekend is utterly useless, as the weather always sucks and you can't do anything outdoors. To the many fools who went camping, I pity you (but with enough booze in you, I guess you wouldn't notice the cold). As always, it was cold and ridiculously windy all stinking weekend.

I went to my father's for a BBQ Saturday night (which we had to spend indoors) as a few of my aunts and uncles were visiting. We found out that my grandmother had been admitted to the hospital for blood loss after her angiogram (they discovered she had two ulcers which started bleeding profusely). A few hours later, her sister (my great-aunt Lois) was admitted with a major heart attack. I really didn't get any sense of urgency from anyone so I assumed Aunt Lois would be recovering. My father phoned me today to tell me she passed away Sunday morning. I was so shocked-I realize Aunt Lois was 82 but she maintained a pretty active lifestyle. She has been my grandma's rock since my grandfather passed away from Alzheimer's a couple of years ago. I feel so bad for Grandma, who is going to be a while recovering herself, as being a Jehovah's Witness she wouldn't take a blood transfusion (this drives me nuts, but I have to respect her decision and her faith). I hope she comes along okay.

The majority of my weekend was spent watching season 2 of Roswell. I'm almost done and can't wait to start season 3. The final Idol episodes are this week, so I can't wait to see who wins. My bets are on Taylor, as his personality is infectious and everyone seems to love him.

2 comments:

neicybelle said...

I'm sorry about your Aunt Lois.

Woot!! Taylor!!

Can I do that? Can I offer my condolences and cheer for Taylor on the same comment? I hope so!

Leah said...

You certainly can! Thank you for the condolences. After last night, I think Taylor is a shoo-in!