12:28 AM

Some pics from RBG this weekend...


There is s little bee on one of the flowers...

Ugh...
A supermodel pose, lol...
Inside the mediterranean garden...
A monstrous bird of paradise...
The fountain outside the RBG centre...
There were really pretty mosaics...
This arch actually passes underneath a major roadway...
This aloe was easily 10 feet tall. I could use it for my sunburn...

Gorgeous lily...
Cool pineapple flower...
A butterfly taking a rest...
The fountain in the middle of the rose gardens...
I adore lilies. These ones were called "Cover Girl" lilies...
"Fair Lady" lily
A pretty covered walkway...
I neglected to make a mental note, but I think these are English tea roses.
Again, bad with the mental note, but I think it is a species of clamatis.

This flower was so striking, yet being the dumbass I am, I failed to remember the name.
It was a lovely day!

3 comments:

Holli said...

Wow! How very beautiful!
I have some clematis we just planted that very color. I can't wait to see it this time in about two years...it oughta be beautiful.
That last flower is totally beautiful!
My favorite flower of all time is called a black eyed susan. It looks a bit like a daisy - yellow petals with a brown cone center.
Looks like you two had a lovely time! I'm so glad!

neicybelle said...

what beautiful pics, ellie! what a gorgeous day! thank you so much for sharing these with us!!

Kristi K. said...

Wow! Awesome! I love those roses! They are almost growing in a heart shape.

My stupid computer finally allowed these pictures to load...must be the dial up. I'm crossing my fingers that my blog pictures from Ten. loaded correctly...as I still haven't seen them loaded all the way.

I always joke about how I take pictures of important statues or buildings and then forget to write down what they are when I am on vacation. So, when I scrapbook my trips, I end up writing "some statue of some guy in front of some sort of library." Whoah boy. I win the "dumbest non-blonde award." Haha. ;) Nothing against blondes, really. I've been one once or twice. :)

Thanks for sharing those pictures! Looks like an awesome trip!