8:59 AM

I stood in line for almost an hour Friday night/Saturday morning, along with dozens of other fans and was lucky to get my book before they sold out. And I only got 3 hours sleep that night. Was it worth it? Hell, yeah. Great book...I really enjoyed it and just couldn't put it down.

The weather was beautiful this weekend-warm but not humid, thank heavens. We went mini-golfing on Saturday and had an awesome BBQ dinner-steak, caesar potato salad, grilled zucchini and mushrooms...yum!

Yesterday was quite warm, so it was an awesome day to be by the pool. Of course, I managed to burn myself again, but not too bad. We had samosas and chicken curry naan pizza for dinner, along with the leftover potato salad. We then watched half of Muchmusic's top 100 videos of the last decade. Ugh! Number one was "Stan" by Eminem, which was a cool video, but #2 was "Hit Me Baby" by Britney Spears and #3 was "Cry Me a River" by Justin Timberlake...blech!! There was nothing even remotely interesting about either of those videos. And that god-awful "Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani was in the top ten. Does that song make sense to anyone???

Now it's back to the grind Monday morning. One of my managers is on vacation this week, so the other one has to work 12 hour shifts. He will be grumpier than hell by Friday. On the bright side, we are having a big BBQ and cornroast for the staff tomorrow, which will be fun.

Hope you all are having a stress-free Monday!!

1 comments:

neicybelle said...

thank you for not putting any hints on here...i haven't been able to get the book yet and am trying to stay away from anyone who will spoil any surprises for me...*smiles*

those songs just make me shake my head...what is up with today's music scene?