1:01 PM

This should be interesting...

All right, since Kris and Neicy have both managed to get through this, I should at least give it a try. Please try not to fall asleep, lol...

1. I'm near-sighted. I wear my glasses every waking hour of my day.

2. I have lived in the same area all my life (within 20 km)

3. I drive a 1995 Honda Accord. It's a love/hate relationship...I love it, it hates me.

4. I am a control freak.

5. I am an athiest. My father was raised Jehovah's Witness, my mother was Anglican...they let me make my own decisions about religion.

6. I hate onions, brussel sprouts and eggs. Other than that I will eat almost anything. Kinda like a trash compactor.

7. I have a nose ring.

8. I have an irrational fear of snakes.

9. I am not an outdoors person.

10. As a infant/toddler I would literally curl myself up in a ball if someone tried to put me down on grass or dirt so my hands and feet wouldn't get dirty. My mom still can't figure that one out.

11. I have a major fear of crowds. It's only been after a lot of self-motivation that I have been able to go shopping by myself.

12. I am very sensitive about what others say to me and get easily upset.

13. I drink alcohol about once a year, if that.

14. I was a high school dropout. I eventually received my GED when I was 22.

15. I worked as a school age childcare supervisor for 5 years.

16. My first job was a cashier at a convenience store.

17. My parents divorced when I was 14. I have not been the same person since.

18. My favourite colours are purple and green.

19. I am an extremely assertive person in my professional life and a very indecisive, nervous person in my personal life.

20. I love to read.

21. I am a speed reader.

22. I have way too much mental illness in my life (myself, my mother, my fiance).

23. I was named after a neighbour from my mother's childhood. My mom had a terrible upbringing but this neighbour showed her kindness.

24. My descent is quite the mix. My dad's side is Scottish (his dad) and English/Native Canadian (his mom). My mom's side is all English.

25. I look like my two grandmothers smooshed together.

26. My father has seven brothers. I have 16 cousins on his side alone.

27. My favourite pet was my dog Peanuts. She was a pomeranian-poodle. I still cry when I think about her. We had to have her put down when I was 16 (she was 13).

28. I love to swim (as long as no one else sees me in a swimsuit).

29. I love boating. We had a gorgeous 19' bowrider when I was in my early teens and I loved being on it. It got sold in the divorce.

30. I collect Boyds Bears.

31. I have over 500 books.

32. I love anything made out of coloured glass.

33. My first car was a Dodge Omni. What a piece of crap.

34. Okay, I am so boring...

35. I love trying new foods, especially from different ethnicities.

36. I wish I was like Kris and could wear jeans to work everyday-that would be awesome!

37. I love sandals. I only own 2 pairs of shoes and one pair of boots, but at least 20 pairs of sandals. And in my lovely climate, I can only wear then for a few months. Go figure.

38. I love Star Wars.

39. And Star trek.

40. And comic books.

41. Yes, I am a geek.

42. I can spend a ridiculous amount of time playing the Sims 2 on my computer.

43. I love the name Rowan. If the rare chance happens that I have a little girl, that will be her name.

44. My middle name is Marie. My mom comes from a long line of women with Ada as their middle name. Thankfully she put a stop to that.

45. I am awesome at music trivia.

46. I was a very bad girl rom the ages of 14-16.

47. I used to smoke socially as a teenager but luckily never got addicted. I haven't touched one since I was 17.

48. I have a vivid imagination. Probably from so many years of playing by myself as a child.

49. I am an only child.

50. My mother was from Windsor and my dad from Kingston (one is 300 kms south-west and the other is 300 km north-east) so I don't see much of my family.

51. I hate bugs.

52. I love to sleep and nap.

53. Especially in the awesome king-sized bed I bought a couple of years ago. I could just stay in there all day.

54. I have only been on an airplane once, to go to Florida with a family friend when I was 10.

55. I love Eeyore. All my Eeyore collectables are stored at my dad's because I have no room for them all.

56. I made the mistake of collecting Beanie Babies. They , too, are at my dad's.

57. My dad lives 20 minutes away from me yet I see him twice a year. Feel the love.

58. I am addicted to Facebook.

59. I am a huge procrastinator. Why do today what you can do tomorrow?

60. I am not a neat person. I live and work in chaos.

61. I am a major worry-wart.

62. My fiance has broken up with me three times during our 9 year relationship.

63. I love bunnies. I hope to get one someday (a good mix with the birds).

64. I often wonder how I will stay sane living with 2 cockatiels for 15-25 years.

65. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a French teacher.

66. I regret losing the ability to speak French.

67. I regret not continuing my piano studies.

68. I regret a lot of my life.

69. I am a ridiculously punctual person-I despise lateness.

70. I can't believe I have made it to 70...

71. In grade school my nickname was the Walking Dictionary because I could just about anything.

72. I am not a good typist, though.

73. I lived on welfare when I was kicked out on my own at 18. I would not wish that experience on my worst enemy.

74. I went bankrupt a couple of years ago. It is my biggest shame and I have nothing to show for it.

75. My dream trip is to travel across Canada. Then go to Scotland and England.

76. I have brown hair and brown eyes...boring! Hence why I like to dye my hair.

77. I love blue eyes.

78. I want a tattoo. I have a design saved in my computer but I am too cheap to pay the money to go get it done, lol.

79. I am not a patient person.

80. I have horrible nerves and am very jumpy.

81. I love to listen much more so than talking myself.

82. I love small dogs, especially poodle mixes and Yorkies.

83. I think Paris Hilton should be shot into space.

84. I have been very fortunate to not lose anyone I was very close with.

85. I'm afraid of how I will cope when it happens.

86. I live in fear of both my mother and my fiance committing suicide.

87. I can rarely stay mad at anyone for long-life is too short.

88. There are two people in this world I will never forgive-2 of my mother's brothers, who I find out a few years ago they molested her as a child.

89. I don't like to argue or fight with my loved ones, so I tend to cave easily.

90. I love springtime and autumn, especially for hiking.

91. I have big feet.

92. I was friends with Chris for 3 years before we started dating.

93. I would love to go to college.

94. I am a soda addict (mainly diet coke but my fav is regular pepsi)

95. I love to play euchre, but never have 3 other people to play with, lol (and online just isn't the same).

96. I am not a good loser.

97. I always have jewelery to match my outfit...it's scary.

98. I hate to do dishes...good thing Chris doesn't mind doing them.

99. I am stunned that I got through this, lol.

3 comments:

neicybelle said...

lol!! thank you so much for doing this!! what's funny is after i read yours, i though of other things i could write...amazing, huh?

i filed bankruptcy once...was a terrible experience...

this was so interesting!! thanks again for sharing!

Kristi K. said...

Wow...I think you did great. I would use an explanation point, but it is not working on my supposedly "indestructible" keyboard. :)

Bipsy is just like what you said about yourself...confident at work and not confident in her personal relationships. The first time I saw her interact with her significant other, I almost passed out. It was a shock. She can slice and dice the guys out in the plant and serve them their own heads on a platter, but she can't stand up to someone she loves.

I don't think space is far enough away for Paris Hilton. ;)

Many of my friends have filed bankruptcy. Sometimes I think I should have. Having "slow pay" on one's credit report can be just as humiliating...and hard to get good interest rates. Plus the bill collectors harrass you until you want to choke yourself with the phone chord.

There is so much mental illness in both Robert's and my side of the family that they pretty much told us we never should have combined our genes. There was not enough room on the form they gave us to list the mental illness in our families. My mom, his mom, my dad, his dad, my brothers, his brothers. Our sisters are all normal. Hmmm.....
We made good looking kids, but they are apparently all ticking time bombs of mental instability. ;)

I am a speed reader, too. Took a class on it in high school. It came in handy in book reports.

I've never flown.

Brown eyes are my favorite color eyes.

When my mother was alive, she constantly tried to commit suicide. I was sure she would die by her own hand.

I used to have sunglasses to match every outfit. I sat on them and broke them all. I will go to the local flea market this summer and restock my supply. :)

Springtime and autumn are my fav. seasons, too.

Your list was extremely interesting, and I am so glad you did it. It's amazing how much it made me think to do mine. ;) go ellie!!!!!! yay!!!!! the key works again!!!!! yay!

P.S. Two of my best friends' middle names are marie. Make that three now! ;)

Holli said...

I filed bankruptcy. When I got out of a bad relationship and took on a rent payment I coulnd't pay my bills and the credit cards we had racked up together and the other 1/2 wasn't paying their share so I filed. BEST thing I ever did. It truly saved my butt and three years later my credit score was so high the bank couldn't believe it! I bought my house and now all is good again!
Tim does our dishes.
The deal was I cook, he cleans. WORKS!
Funny, I'm the opposite of you as I can shred someone I love to pieces but a total stranger I have compassion for. What's with that?! A total BIG fault of mine for sure!