12:51 PM

I am a lobster. I am slowly fading from a vivid shade of red to pink. That will teach me to sit in the sun for the first time this year with no sunscreen on (luckily my makeup and moisturiser have sunscreen in them or my face would be red as a beet).

We had a BBQ at Chris on Sunday afternoon and we were out in the backyard all afternoon. Chris' dad brought his new girlfriend over for us to meet. It wasn't nearly as awkward as Chris and his sister thought it would be and Jan is really nice. I made two pasta salads and caesar potato salad so we didn't have to eat the gross store-bought kinds, and then we just barbequed hamburgers. It was a great afternoon (aside from the killer sunburn, of course).

On Saturday I went out to my dad's, where my grandmother is housesitting while they are away on vacation. I haven't seen my grandma in 2 years, so it was really great to see her. She gave me the ring that grandpa had given to her when they got engaged and it's lovely. It needs to be resized to fit my monster hands, but it's a nice diamond solitaire in a bezel setting. My dad has had this ring since DECEMBER but didn't feel the need to give it to me. I went out to have dinner with her again last night and will go out with Chris for a BBQ tomorrow. I think she will still be there Sunday when I go over for Father's Day, so it's good to have lots of grandma time.

Hope you all are having a great week!

3 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Awwww, grandma time. I'm so glad you're cherishing time with her.

As the only girl she raised, my grandmother passed her wedding set down to me and then from there it will go to Jess. It's like a size 4 or 5, so neither one of us can wear it. But it's so nice to have it, anyway.

Hope you're getting over that burn. Sounds like you've had some good times lately. I am so glad!

Holli said...

That is so cool! You will cherish that ring forever.
My grandmother was married 4 times (put them all in the grave but the last one) and I have her one and only set she ever had. I wore it on my pinky and now I've gotten to big for it even there.
I love and cherish that ring!
Enjoy Grandma time while you can get it!
Good luck with the burn!

neicybelle said...

owowowowowow!! ow! i hate sunburns!! ow!

grandma time is always amazing time...i have a ring from each of my grandmothers...i love them...

yay for barbq's!