1:24 PM

Wow, those are big dust bunnies...

I thought I would have a seat and take a break from all the work I have been doing around the apartment. My shoulders and back are going to be screaming at me tomorrow but it will be worth it for all I have accomplished yesterday and today.

Chris is still horribly sick and has banned me from his presence to prevent me from catching his nasty infection. Good thinking, but I miss him. Ah,well. It has given me a lot of free time this weekend to continue with my "purging". I have been going through each room in the apartment, piling stuff by the door to go to charity. I have a ridiculous amount of stuff for one person and it's time to scale it back. The pile by the door now takes up half the freaking living room. I'll have to call St. Vincent DePaul next week to come pick it all up. Plus all my mom's stuff that she had left here when she moved has been sorted through and I will take it all down with me on the 16th when I visit her. That is also piled in the living room. If someone were to walk in here right now they would swear I was moving out, lol.

Well, I guess I will get back to work. I think around 4 o'clock I will take a break and go back to watching season 2 of Buffy. Ever since I cut back all my satellite channels to just basic I have no choice but to start watching all my DVDs. I miss TLC and HGTV though. I am so addicted to those home improvement shows. Chris is thoroughly sick of them, so he's doesn't have a problem with the lack of channels (until he wants to watch Speed Channel or TSN, then he'll be pissed, lol).

I hope you all are having a peaceful and relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Doesn't it feel good to get rid of "stuff!?" I have all of my stuff, my kids' stuff, my husbands' stuff, and a whole heck of a lot of my grandma's stuff that I haven't gotten rid of yet. My grandmother was good at keeping her house clean, but rarely parted with receipts, recipes and magazines. She hid her clutter in drawers, the attic, closets, etc. I have saved only a select few quilting magazines and recipes. I gave away most of her clothes. (She was 5'6" and a size 6.) I gave away a lot of stuff to her sons, but since I was her only girl, there are many items I was unsure what to do with. So, I've ended up with my cookware AND hers. My jewelry AND hers. My small appliances AND hers. It's been quite interesting trying to figure out what to do with what. So, I know how good it feels when you can finally make a dent in having too much STUFF. ;)

I hope Chris feels better soon. I know how frustrating it is getting an infection when a person has asthma. I go along feeling very normal until I get an infection. Then I feel like a slave to my illness. I'm praying for a speedy recovery so you can both get back to being together.

As far as cutting back, I know my husband truly loves me. Last summer we had cable turned off because bills were just too tight. We only got 28 (pathetic) channels, anyway. Robert's a guy who loves his t.v. channels. So, I know he loves me if he's willing to stay in the country without good programming. :) And all these years I thought he loved the t.v. more than me! ;)

Hope you have a peaceful, productive week.

neicybelle said...

i will be doing all of that this coming week...i so want this move to be an easy one...

i miss my sci-fi channel!! lol!