9:48 AM

Snow Day!

Wow, I haven't had a snow day since I was in grade school. I got up, showered and got dressed and headed downstairs to unbury my car. To my shock, there was barely any snow on my car-I was so excited. Then I looked behind my car, where there was a 4 foot snow drift down the length of our parking lot for the building. I tried backing through it, but barely managed to get unstuck and back into my parking spot. I came back in and phoned our service manager, who told me most of the staff hadn't made it in. I said if someone wanted to come by and pick me up, I would be more than willing to come in (it's a 2 minute drive from my apartment to work). He said just to sit tight and he would get back to me. I just got off the phone with my sales manager who said they are going to close at noon and I don't have to bother trying to get in. Woo hoo! Day off!

2 downsides to today, though. I miss my massage therapy appointment, which sucks. Plus I'm snowed in by myself. Not the most thrilling of Valentine's Days. Ah, well. Maybe I can get some scrapbooking done since I bought a whole pile of new supplies on the weekend.

I hope you all are safe and warm! Be sure to eat some chocolate for me today!

3 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Seems like it would have been nice of the dealership to tell you that no one had made it in, thus saving you the trouble of trying to move your car. Winter weather can be a beast! I'm so glad you have the time off, though!

I did get a little scrapbooking done on my snow day yesterday. We watched some dvds, had a nice family dinner, and we did some house cleaning. I even took a nap! I love taking naps, but I seldom get to! That was a good day for me!

Happy Valentine's Day, anyway. ;( Maybe you can have a "make up" Valentine's Day at some point....

neicybelle said...

happy valentine's day!!

i had fun on my snowday...it was good spending that time with the girls...

Holli said...

Sounds like a wonderful valentines day to me - after being stuck in the house with my family (all of us being sick) for 3 days alone time sounds wonderful! HAHA!!
Hope you had a nice day anyways!