1:58 PM

I think I have an icicle hanging off my nose...

Chris' dad is Cuba right now. Lucky bastard. It's -30 degrees with the windchill here. I don't mind winter, but this is ridiculous.

Not much going on here. Work is pretty much the same stuff, different day. I still don't have a pay plan and my take home pay last month was the lowest it's been in a long time. These guys need to get their asses in gear, quick.

The wedding chapel and restaurant are booked and I bought my veil. Now the long 15 month wait...

The weekend visit to Mom's was good, although the drive was super cold and windy. We watched "Mississippi Burning" on Saturday, which I had never seen. Great movie. We also watched "The Hurricane" that night, which is one of my favourite movies. We also went and asw my cousin's daughter play hockey, which was fun. Mom seems to be managing alright and has an interview with a new psychiatrist tomorrow, so that will be nice for her to have a doctor closer to home.

Is anyone one else watching American Idol? I can't wait for these kooky auditions to be over with and the real talent to begin. Some of these people are crazy! And does anyone think Paula is drunk or on drugs? She is acting too weird...

I hope everyone is having a good week!

3 comments:

neicybelle said...

wow...how can you wait that long? i've never been good with long waits like that...glad you had a good time with your mom..

paula is weird...she gets weirder with each year...

Kristi K. said...

Wow. 30 below with the wind chill. Yeah, that IS cold.

The kids were out of school Monday and Tuesday for below zero temperatures (some kind of state law) and today for the Level 2 Snow Emergency. At Level 3 I think a person can get arrested for being on the roads unless they are emergency workers or "essential personnel" like nurses or doctors.
Level 2 is where they "recommend" that a person not travel. Robert and I rode in to work together today. It was slow going, but we got in okay. Gotta love living out in the country during times like this. Yuck!

I don't watch American Idol. I like some of the artists they've helped form, like Kelly Clarkson. I think I've watched one or two episodes. I don't like Simon's comments, so that's mainly why I don't watch.

Stay warm and safe, Ellie!

Holli said...

OMG!! I LOVE AI! They totally crack me up. some of those people really have to know that they are really horrible! You just can't be kind to some of those people.
I'll never get over (I think it was the 2nd episode this season). this mother told her 16 yr old son that he would be famous one day. COME ON WOMAN! He couldn't sing, he couldn't dance and he didn't juggle all that well! I believe in supporting my son but I will always be honest with him!
TOO FUNNY!
And yes, I Paula is on drugs... she has to be!