9:00 AM

It's hard to believe it has been 10 years since the tragic death of Diana, Princess of Wales.

Growing up, Diana was my idol. I would always beg my mom to buy a magazine with Diana on the cover. She was so beautiful and poised, with a flair for fashion that amazed me. Her dedication to her many charities was commendable, not only for giving her time but also for reaching out these people, touching them and comforting them.
I was watching "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman" when the news alert interrupted that Diana had been in an accident. I immediately switched to CNN and was riveted to the TV. When the headline on the screen changed from "Princess Diana injured" to "Princess Diana has died", I was devastated. I never knew this woman but her death was just so tragic to me. I got up at 4:00 am to watch her funeral and cried for a life taken too soon and for her boys who would miss her so.
I hope she found the peace in death that she was not allowed in her public life.

2 comments:

Kristi K. said...

That was a touching tribute.

She had the ability to touch the hearts of people everywhere, in any country-both young and old. She was amazing.

I was just thinking to myself that it was so sad that the whole world was in love with her, except her very own husband, who never appreciated her for the rare treasure that she was. What's touching is that I believe her boys will always love and adore her. Perhaps that's all the love she needed.

Holli said...

I was camping - playing euchre when someone came by yelling that she had died... I thought it couldn't possilby be true. I remember crying watching her funeral, thinking somehow the world would not be as great now w/o her.
What a beauty she must be in heaven and I can't wait to meet her there.