9:38 AM

Long week...

It has been a rather tough week, both personally and professionally. Work has been bizzarro busy and Chris is going through a very rough period mentally, so it is taking a big toll on me. Hence the lack of posts-I just don't have much energy or creativity right now.

Elizabeth took me out for my birthday dinner last night, which was really nice. We went to East Side Mario's (an italian eatery) and I had my usual Firecracker Shrimp Bowties (yum!). We went for our usual Walmart run afterwards and then went back to her place. I finally got to see her dress for the wedding in person and it is lovely. For my b-day she got me an amazingly soft terry robe (in green, my fav colour), a blue top, the first 2 Harry Potter movies on DVD (I only had them on VHS), earrings, a Calgon "Perfect Bliss" gift set, a wedding scrapbooking set, some Fuzzy Peaches candy and some funky glass coasters. Spoiled girl, I am.

The weekend will probably be pretty quiet-Chris is taking me out to dinner at Canyon Creek Chophouse on Saturday, so that will hopefully be a fun night. Then I'm away at CPR/First Aid training on Monday and Tuesday, so that will be blessed relief from workplace hell.

Have a fab weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Wow! Elizabeth is one generous friend! If I get so much as a card from anyone but Robert, it's a miracle! :) My friends are awesome, just aren't big in to birthday commemorating.

I, on the other hand, am such a big kid at heart that I LOVE finding a reason to celebrate on someone else's behalf. I am so in to birthdays! I'm glad Elizabeth values you, because you are one cool chick and you are worth celebrating! ;)

I hope you have a fabulous dinner at Canyon Creek!

I'm pulling for Chris. These tough times must be going around. I've been struggling on an epic level lately. Last Friday I was so down after that big family argument, I found myself becoming irrational in my thought processes. Some things were said that cut me to the core, and I don't deal with criticism well.

We-as a family- got over it fast, but I have to admit, the personal hurt is still lingering. I have found myself angry a great deal this week: with myself, with my circumstances, with life, with my job, with some of my friends. I know when I'm that angry, I'm not thinking clearly.

Your cd came at a great time for me. I NEVER miss work, but I really needed something to give me a reason to keep going. I didn't want to even get out of bed, and when I did, I wasn't even really here- I was spacey and going through the motions.

Sometimes it's things like a package from a friend...a gift...a caring or selfless act that restores my faith in life.

I consider myself an optimist, but when I get depressed, it challenges my coping abilities in a huge way.

You two have been on my mind. I know how hard it is to deal with the struggles you're facing. If you ever need an ear, you know how to reach me. I am hoping for a turn in this weather that will bring some sunshine into our lives again. Can't hurt, can it? ;)

Anyway, hugs and HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

neicybelle said...

Happy Birthday!

Sending lots of energy and extra hugs and love your way!!

Holli said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! (sorry I didn't know when your birthday was).
Sounds like a great time with Elizabeth!
I'll be praying for Chris and for you.
I hope you guys had a great time Saturday night!