9:26 AM


Alas, Monday is here again. And to all of us dealing with month end, I say it should be legal to bring wine to work during these days. Or a machete.
I had a fairly boring weekend (one of these years I will actually have an exciting weekend, I swear...). On Saturday my boss had wrangled me into heading up two bowling teams to raise money for Big Brothers/Big Sisters. He gave me 10 days notice to raise $1000. Yeah, what am I , freaking Wonder Woman? Plus convince 9 of my coworkers to come bowl with me. Well, I wrangled up 10 bowlers, 4 of which did not show up. So the 6 of us that did show up managed to raise $500 and had a great time bowling. I told him next year he better give me at least a month's notice, because I know we could raise major money for this cause if we had the time.
Saturday night Chris and I had jambalaya for dinner and watched the movie "Crash". It was good, but I'm not sure if it lived up to all the hype. Interesting commentary on racial relations and stereotypes, though.
I was in a melancholy mood yesterday, so I pretty much stayed curled up on the couch all day. This weather is beyond depressing-it's supposed to rain the next few days then more bloody snow. Ugh.
Well, I hope you guys had a more exciting weekend than I did. Here's to a smooth Monday and week of month end crap. Take care!

3 comments:

Kristi K. said...

Oh my gosh! I am jealous! I love to bowl! I always have said that if I ever won the lottery, I'd build a bowling alley, tennis and bball courts in my house. I hate how smokey and crowded our bowling alleys are around here. Even though I'm not a very good bowler, I still love to play.

I think you did AWESOME raising that much money in such a short time! I think you can do anything you put your mind to! I'm impressed!

To me your weekend sounds perfect! Some play, some rest, some good food and some time with your loved one! ;)

Hope your week isn't terribly crazy and that you start getting some of the recognition (and money) you deserve for your hard work.

Kristi K. said...

Btw, I really liked the movie "Crash," but since I'm not much at watching t.v., I didn't catch much of the hype.

I do remember thinking "I know so many people that act like this!" Especially the Ludicris character. He was actually funny in his strange way. But so many people I know walk around with these screwed up attitudes about race....and yet just can't see it in themselves. Plus there are many people with mixed feelings about how they feel about other races, not really knowing for sure what they think. I've felt that up close and personal, too.

But I went in not knowing what to expect, since I hadn't seen any of the movie trailers or hype. Also, it's been so long since I watched it, I have forgotten 80% of why I liked it. I have to watch movies two or three times to get them to "stick." I have to ask Robert, "Have I seen this movie?" most of the time. I swear I am experiencing early onset Alzheimer's. ;) That, or I only retain what I consider to be important info. Who knows? ;)

neicybelle said...

it does sound like a fun weekend!
yay for jambalay!
boo for rain and bloody snow!

hope your week goes well!