7:39 PM

I wanna go home...

Waaah. I need some cheese with this whine, lol. We are having a car care clinic tonight so I'm stuck here til around 9:00. Phooey.

CPR/First Aid training was really good, although our instructor worked us like a drill sargeant on Monday. We learned CPR on Monday and I swear, we did at least 1000 chest compressions. My poor knees are bruised and my lower back is killing me, but it was awesome to get recertified (it's been around 10 years since I've taken the course). Plus Mike and Sean (my delightful co-workers) kept wanting to use the defibrillator on me (they were so disappointed when they discovered it was just a training model that didn't actually shock people, lol). See why I need a machete at work ;)

Chris and I had a good dinner at Canyon Creek on Saturday. I had a steak and some of the most massive shrimp that I have ever seen. Damn it was good. I even had a drink ( I am such a rebel, lol). I maybe have 1 or 2 drinks a YEAR, so it was a departure for me. It was a sour raspberry martini, which I must say was very yummy.

My actual birthday was pretty tame. I went to CPR and did laundry all night. Ah well. I had tickets to go see Rent, but I was so sore and tired after the CPR I just couldn't do it. Luckily the tix were free through work and Chris'dad and sister used theirs, so it wasn't a total waste.

I have to go to mom's this weekend, so it won't be overly restful. I have to help her find an outfit to wear to my aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary party, so that should be a joy (my mom is a picky shopper). The good news is the weather is supposed to be gorgeous this weekend, getting close to 20 degrees (70 F) with that ever-elusive Mr. Sunshine actually making an appearance. Woo hoo!

Hope you all are having a great week and the weather is getting sunny wherever you are!

3 comments:

neicybelle said...

what a fun entry! sounds like an amazing birthday dinner! i would be afraid right now if i had one drink, i couldn't stop...lol...oh my!

want fun coworkers...here...let me sharpen that machete for you!

shopping with mom...ugh! but you're right...the weather is supposed to be gorgeous here too!! hope it goes well!

Kristi K. said...

My grandmother was a picky shopper, too. I think I mentioned that once before. My Jess is a picker shopper. I myself: I'm just a cheapskate. I will look and look and look until I find a good deal. Sometimes then I still don't buy. Hope your mom finds something she likes without too much stress.

I'm glad you had a good dinner with Chris. That place sounds delightful! And yum to a rasp. martini! Sounds good.

I used to go YEARS without having a drink. I don't think I drank at all until I was 27. I don't think I've ever had a martini. Sounds yummy, though.

These days, I drink about once every other week. I don't get drunk. It takes a boatload of alcohol for me to get tipsy. For one thing, I can't eat or drink fast. I sip. Sloooowwwwlllyy. Plus I don't like the feeling of being out of control. I do feel like a drink squelches my anxiety a bit. So maybe I am a bit more of a rebel than you are. ;)

Robert never drinks, so he's always the designated driver. He said he had enough of the drinking while he was young and the thought just doesn't appeal to him. Since both my birth parents were drug addicts and alcoholics, I try to keep an eye on my own consumption. Don't want my kids having to have an intervention with me one day. :) Everything in moderation is a good plan, I guess.

Hope you aren't too sore today.

Have a good weekend if I don't talk to you sooner! ;)

Holli said...

I went on vacation to Alabama once and they had a Martini bar. It was the coolest place. Every room was different, one was a jazz rm, one a library setting, one a piano bar, one a hunting lodge look. They had martinis girl - 100s of different flavors. I was like 2 months prego with TK and so I couldn't drink but I did have one and it was a chocolate martini... ooooo weeeeee MAN that was good - and now it's 7am Friday morning and I want one! LOL!
Hope you have a FABU weeekend and enjoy the sunshine.. I sure plan too!