6:17 PM

Manic Monday, indeed...

What a day. I don't think I stopped working for two minutes while I was at work. Our receptionist gave her notice today, so it should be interesting to see how much of her work gets dumped on me when they fail to find someone to replace her...

I went for a therapeutic massage today for the first time. Last week on Wednesday, I woke up and pretty much couldn't move my neck, arms or shoulders without being in horrible pain. I had considered massage therapy before because I get bad neck and shoulder pain and tension headaches, but it's never been bad enough for me to fork out the money. Well, it's bad enough now. My boss recommended a RMT, so the soonest I could get in was today. Erin was great, explained everything very thoroughly to me and made me feel comfortable (I'm not a touchy-feely type). I'm sore now, but that is to be expected. I made another appointment for next Thursday, so hopefully she can help me treat this pain...in the neck, haha.

Speaking of next Thursday, Chris and I have to go to the Hess Wedding Chapel and book our date as well as stop and put down the deposit for the restaurant where the reception dinner will be. It feels so good to have finally set a date!

Countdown: 15 months, 12 days. Christopher would be appalled if he knew I was counting down. He disturbed enough by the "May the 4th be with you" reference (he's not a big geek like me, lol).

I have no idea what I am going to do with myself tonight. I cut back all my satellite channels to save money and I finished reading "Gone with the Wind" and "Scarlett", which have been occupying my evenings lately. I guess I'll move on to another book or start watching "Long Way Round", which Chris got me on DVD.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

3 comments:

Holli said...

I TOTALLY didn't get it! I thought that was like when another movie was coming out or something. CONGRATS!!! You should be excited! He's just being a man.
I LOVE massage. I tell them, don't talk to me and I practically go to sleep all my stress and worries are out the window. I can lay there and literally have a blank mind. Good for you, I hope it does wonders for you and I hope you keep treating yourself to it after the pain is gone.

Kristi K. said...

Good for you, getting a massage! Sounds like you really needed it!

I've had two massages and both times I ended up really sore...and the pain was worse than before I went in. Robert has given me massages and I always feel less stressed afterward...and never any additional pain. I could use on right now, as a matter of fact. Today feels like Monday. Big time!

Hope your company replaces the receptionist with someone really capable and helpful...and soon!

I am so happy for you and Chris setting a date! You go girl! I'm counting down with ya! ;)

neicybelle said...

do you know waht i would give for a massage right now??? *ssiiiighhhhh*

i hope things go well at work! take care of yourself and congratulations!!