8:35 AM

Merry Christmas to me from the dickheads that I work for...

So yesterday my general manager tells me he would like to meet with me after my lunch hour. Immediately alarms go off-usually if he wants to talk to me about something, he just says it. I tell Chris that I have a bad feeling about this. Never doubt a woman's intuition...

We have 4 positions in the dealership to be dealt with--reception, 3rd service advisor, sales administrator and service coordinator. They moved the 3rd service advisor, Jenn, to reception so that position has been empty. So now we are dealing with 3rd service advisor, sales admin and service coordinator.

I was the service coordinator, handling appointment calls, doing all the service reminders and phone calls, service emails, marketing campaigns, providing relief on the service counter, running service clinics...PLUS all the email and mail marketing for sales, data mining for the whole dealership, website administration and phone system admin.

The sales admin has not been getting done properly--Helen would work in service on the desk for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours at night then try and do the admin stuff in between.

So the GM's brilliant solution was this--move Helen to service as the 3rd service advisor, and keep Jenn on reception. And I can still continue to do all my duties as service coordinator, with the exception of answering appointment calls, PLUS do all the sales admin duties. These include lease portfolio and lead management, dealer trades, statistics, stocking in vehicles, reception relief and generally being the 2 sales managers' bitch and dumping ground. And get paid absolutely no more money, possibly less.

Guess this is my Christmas bonus this year...

3 comments:

Kristi K. said...

I am so sorry about this, Ellie. But I can say I totally relate to how you feel. I'm steadily taking on more, getting less in the process. Soon I'll be running parts on the manufacturing floor, I'm sure of it.

Sometimes life really bites. I'm so sorry about this.

Leah said...

Thanks, Kris. I know you've been going through a lot at work, too. I just don't know what to do, it's like I've been kicked in the gut...

Holli said...

I'm sorry El! They really could've waited until after the holidays to crap on ya!
Try to keep your chin up and a smile on your face even though you're taking a machete to them on the inside!