8:17 PM

I cannot wait for this week to be over...

What a weekend of highs and lows.

The meeting with Neicy was great-it was so wonderful to meet her in person. She is just a lovely person and I hope we can get together again if she comes back to visit the Great White North (which was anything but white and cold this past weekend).

My Christmas with my dad was a mixture of good and bad. We actually sat in the living room and socialized, in stead getting stuck in front of the TV like we usually do. The puppies were a riot, who kept us entertained all afternoon. But my dad didn't congratulate Chris on our engagement and my step-mother didn't say anything to either of us about it, couldn't even be bothered to ask to see my ring. It was very disheartening.

We had our cookie exchange at work today-I made 10 dozen pumpkin cookies for it. Now I came home with 10 dozen cookies, which I have no idea what to do with (I sure as heck can't eat all of them!). I guess I will be sending a bunch home with Chris for him and his dad to eat.

Work is just awful. I have literally gotten about 8 hours sleep since Thursday night and have had a tension headache to go along with the fatigue. All my co-workers are awestruck at what management is doing to me-I really wish I knew what to do...

2 comments:

Kristi K. said...

I am glad you had a good time meeting neicy! That is awesome! Also, the cookies sound great! You're right, though, that is a lot of cookies. I am sure Chris will enjoy some of them.

Hope you make it through this work week with minimal stress, and hope you are able to make good choices about this job. I'm not so sure I made the right choice in my situation by settling...but I hope you find a balance that you can live with.

Have a good rest of the day.

Leah said...

It's too bad the 3 of us couldn't have met up somehow! You were with us in spirit, though!