11:35 AM

Woot! Friday! Work is buying me lunch and it's slow around here, so it's a good day. My office is starting to look like a storage room with all the golf prizes piling up. I head our company's Social Committee and am organizing our staff golf tournament for July 23rd. I'm on vacation that week but since the only other two members of the committee are on vacation as well and don't do a heck of a lot, so I'm on my own. I don't golf so the day tends to consist of me running about like I'm on fire trying to keep things organized.

Mom is off to her followup appointment with her psychiatrist today. Hopefully all goes well. She seems to be doing pretty good and the lithium has calmed her down. Having things be quiet over the last week has been a good thing for me. Hopefully Chris and I can sneak away to the cottage for a few days when I'm on vacation to get away from it all.

Holy hot weather, Batman! It is supposed to be over 40 degrees with the humidex each day. I know a lot of people love this weather but I can't stand it. Chris can't breathe with his athsma so we can't do anything outdoors and I hate dripping with sweat. We had a the power go out at work the other day because a transformer blew--it's happening all over the city with the huge amount of hydro use. I hope we don't ever have anything happen again like the blackout of 2003, but with how hot it is, it wouldn't surprise me.

1 comments:

neicybelle said...

I'm so sorry about the heat. I love summer and the heat, but I hate that god-awful humidity! It's going to be horrendous here all weekend too...ugh!! Stay cool! I'm glad your mom has settled down! I hope your vacation really goes well and you and Chris get some quiet time!