11:16 AM

I despise Mondays, but nothing is worse than a Monday after you've been away. I am the only one who knows how to do my job, so the stack of work is spooky.

Last week was really awful. I didn't get my car back until Thursday afternoon because of a series of screwups and miscommunications (I now understand why our customers get so crabby if this is the type of service they receive). So from Monday afternoon to Thursday afternoon I stared at my four walls since Chris' car is out of commission and it was too freaking hot to walk anywhere. I am waiting for my boss to bring me the service bill sometime today. It will at least be $700.00, way more than they originally told me.

The weather was outrageous for the remainder of the week, with it either being horrendously hot or thunderstorms like none I have ever seen. So that kind of killed the canoeing plans we had. We went to Vaughan Mills mall-the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World was really cool, but otherwise there wasn't really anything unique there (plus going to a mall when you are broke sucks).

Gypsy seems to be doing okay, although she is really frustrated with the darn cone on her head. I feel so sorry for her-cockatiels love to preen and she is going nuts not being able to make herself pretty. Her brother keeps snapping at her and chasing her away because she makes him nervous with the collar, so she is like a little pariah in birdyland. It's so sad to watch her waddle around on the floor, and most of the time I find her standing at my feet with this forlorn look on her face, so I end up carrying her around with me. The doctor wants to keep the collar on for two more months, but I'm afraid she'll get too depressed. I'm going to monitor her over the next week or so and see if she gets any happier.

4 comments:

Kristi K. said...

$700! Ouch! I hope they are kind enough to let you work out some kind of payment arrangement. That is so much more than $450.

Poor Gypsy. Those cone things are never fun, for any animal. After my two dogs, Taz and Carlito were nuetered, they had to wear them. They kept running in to stuff and didn't want to eat. Rob called them the "lampshade dogs."

I am glad you posted. I've been worried about you. When all that stuff happens at once, it can be overwhelming.

I hope you and Chris both get your cars going soon.

Leah said...

I always thought of dogs with the cones on their heads as "lampshade" dogs, too! Now I have a lampshade bird. Thank you for your kind words, Kristi. I am definitely overwhelmed right now, but hopefully things will settle down. I have never taken a week off since I started this job, so it was a heartbreak to have it end up so lousy. C'est la vie, I guess.

neicybelle said...

poor ellie and poor birdy! i'm so sorry! is her wing healing? i can't imagine leaving that thing on her for so long!!

i'm also sorry your vacation went so badly! i hate that all of this is going on with you...hang in there and stay cool...ok?

Leah said...

Her wing seems to be coming along okay, but the vet is afraid she'll pluck the feathers out again and start the problem all over. She is so sad looking in that cone-it breaks your heart when she looks up at you! Thank you for your thoughts and I hope you are having a great birthday!